1999 Ford Taurus Radio

I just bought a used Ford Taurus and in addition to all the other problems I had to fix the radio does not work. It doesn't turn on at all. The climate controls work. I also checked for a blown fuse, the
fuses are fine. I went on ebay and bought a functional radio for about 7 bucks just to see if maybe my radio was broken. The new radio didn't work in the car either so I'm left to believe it's an electrical problem. Anyone had this problem and if so what did you have done to correct it? I've put some money into the car to get it on the road and taking it to someone to look at this radio is my last resort. Thanks for any comments.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

The "radio" is actually in the trunk. The part you replaced is actually just a control head.
Does the clock work? Climate controls back lighting?
Get a factory service CD on eBay and follow the testing procedure to narrow down the problem. The obvious 1st steps would be to check all connectors in the dash & in the trunk.
Rob
The climate controls work but that is it. There is no display on the control head. Thanks for the response.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Some years of Tauri had radio malfunctions when the MLP switch on the trannie shorts out.
Bob
-
I put an aftermarket radio in the car and figured out the problem was the amp. For the new radio I had to bypass the factory amp so everything was all good after that. Thank you all for all the responses.