1999 Ford Taurus Starter Removal

I recently tried to remove the starter on my 1999 Ford Taurus 6cyl OHV. There are supposed to be two bolts holding the starter on. The first bolt was easily removed. However the second bolt hole had no
head protruding. There is something in the bolt hole. I don't know if someone snapped a bolt off in the hole, or if it is some kind of set screw. Is anyone familliar with this starter, or run into this?
Thanks, Mike