1999 Ford Windstar SEL Leaky PCV Tube

I have the 3.8L engine. I am getting fresh oil dripping from the upper part of the pcv tube (near the IAC). The PCV valve appears to be doing its job, but I am going to change it anyway. There does not seem to be much blowby, at least with the simple removal of the oil cap trick and there are no leaks around the valve covers that would indicate positive pressure there. Snooping around the usegroup, I see several issues being mentioned that might relate. The first is a baffle that prevents oil from being sucked into the pcv valve. Is this really possible? I'll take a look, but I'm not too keen on this being the problem. I understand that this oil could affect some of the seals in the intake manifold which could lead to driveability problems. I am not experiencing this at this time. Another reason cited is the presence of vacuum leaks. Problem is, where do I look for this?

The car otherwise drives perfectly and there are no codes on the computer. The only symptom is this oil dripping from the upper pcv tube.

Reply to
rm437438058

You look for vacuum leaks in vacuum hoses, T's, the PCV elbow (if it has one) and anything that uses vacuum (like the EGR Valve, etc.). The best way to do this is with a hand held vacuum pump that has a gauge.

Reply to
scott21230