1999 Mercury Cougar fuel pump

I had to replace the fuel pump summer of '03. and now I hear that Ford is extending the warranty to cover this on all the 99-02 Cougars, but I should get a letter about it. Warranty code 04N02. No letter came. Took the paperwork into the dealer, he checked it on Oasis, and computer says 1999's not covered. What is correct??

My Email is bogus, reply to the group only, please.

Reply to
Leo