Subject Author Posted Replies

"2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL Review" written by Jerry Reynolds
OK, you want a cheap frugal truck, I have your cheap frugal truck right here. "2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL Review" written by Jerry Reynolds. "Under the hood is a 2.5-liter inline 4 cylinder that is...

97 Sable
Battery is full chg, terminals clean & tight. All I get is starter clicking. Engine is fine with water & oil. No over heat occured. I'm disabled so can't get under to chk but assumption is starter or...

4 liter rxhaust manifolds.
Any experience removing exhaust manifolds on 4.0 OHV Ford Ranger? They have 10mm heads. I "gently " tried on this afternoon - appeared VERY TIGHT. Fo I heat the heads, soak with penetrant, use an...
1
1

replace the battery in my 2019 F-150 as the Start-Stop system refuses to run
I am wondering if I should replace the battery in my 2019 F-150 as the Start-Stop system refuses to run, it says that it is continuously charging. But it cranks the engine just fine. I don?t know if I...
4
4

DIY oil changing for first time in 30 years- questions
With Covid and my mechanic, who's still open part time, in and out of many cars all day, I feel at my age that I can't take the risk using him currently, so for the first time in 30 years, I'm going...
1
1

97 bronco fuel pump troubleshooting
Mechanic thinks stalling could be failing fuel pump but no way known to test without removing. 160000 miles, never changed. Before doing this... Anyone know how to check outlet pressure or electrical...
2
2

confused, I have an original key and spare and one remote, none of the keys will open the car, only start it
Ok, I posted this in another group, but lots of confusing responses so not sure what to do. Yesterday, my remote wouldn't open the doors, so already being at Walmart, I opened it to find the correct...

"Will going electric help Ford win the pickup truck seg ment’s towing war? "
"Will going electric help Ford win the pickup truck segment?s towing war? " I look forward to the Hybrid. I read a rumor that it could go 80 mph for 60 miles on pure electric for less than $3,000...

Aeroscare Update
Yes, Clare, I know you're curious..... The old Aeroscare is still just as good as "new," only now new grunts and groans have appeared and I'm afraid it will be RIP at the happy hunting ground before...

Sable water pump questions
Hi everyone, Whether I liked it or not (and definitely not because of sub freezing weather), the water pump on my 2000 Mercury Sable, which has Vulcan 3.0 V6 OHV engine, went bad earlier this week....
5
5

Ranger Shifter
Ever since I bought my 1996 Ranger I've been banging my thumb into the cig lighter in the dash when shifting into low gear if I'm not carefull. Always had in mind to bend the shifter back -but after...

Fusion Hybrid drive battery life
How do you know when the HV battery in your Fusion Hybrid is dying? I used to get 40-41 MPG overall, but in the last year or so that's fallen to about 37.

Taking a look back at the Saleen Ford Windstar 96-0001
> Anyone remember or have any original photos of the Saleen Ford Windstar 96-0001 done for Tim Allen. Here is a bit of info about it > > 1996 Ford Windstar Saleen prototype 1 of 1 formally owned by...
2
2

putting synthetic oil in my 2005 Expedition has paid off
Hey, putting synthetic oil in my 2005 Expedition has paid off. I just checked my oil since it has been 2,500 miles since my last oil change. My 5.4L V8 is usually down a quart of oil or more by now....
1
1