200 0 lincoln LS

My rear view mirror that has the elctrochromic feature seems to have broken. The dealer wanted 175.00 to fix it... Would anyone know if this is an easy fix for a moderately mechanically
inclined person. Are there any aftermarket parts that would work for this? thanks
--
"Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap"

Save yourself some time, money and aggravation, go to salvage yard and get a F-LM manually operated mirror. You can install it on you LS's rearview mirrors windshield mounting knob in a few minutes. ;)
mike hunt
John wrote:

Try ebay for a new mirror. I'm not sure what a LS mirror looks like but there are several Town Car auto-dimming mirrors for sale on ebay for less than $20. Connectors for a lincoln should be the same. You may also want to try a local junk yard. Good luck!