Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing rotors on a 99 E-250 Twin-I-Beam
I finally have to change the rotors, they're too close to the limits to turn, and the right rotor isn't just warped, it's a steel Pringle Chip. Pulsing to the point it's castering on braking... The...
2
2

"GREEN" Cars?
Pardon me but these so-called GREEN cars aren't very green. If they plug in to charge then it takes power production, which isn't done by windmills, to charge the car. If it uses those hybrid,...
12
12

Metallic chattering sound - Mazda B2500 (Ford Ranger)
Got a problem with my 1999 Mazda B2500 (Ford Ranger under the hood), and before I take it to my "plug it into the computer, no error codes, nothing's wrong with it" mechanic, I wanted to run it by...
8
8

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Very simple. They don't. It's not part of their mandate.

Ford workers in Windsor accept early retirement or buyouts
Ford workers in Windsor accept early retirement or buyouts Ontario -- More than 900 Ford Motor Co. workers here are accepting early retirement or buyout packages. Of the 955 workers affected, 610 have...

1997 Crown Vic with a miss.
My Crown Vic recently developed a miss on the #4 cylinder.I have changed the plugs,and still has the miss.I checked the coil pack and the Fuel Injector and both are check engine light is steady from...
2
2

MARCH AUTO SALES
MARCH AUTO SALES Japan 3 post gains as Detroit automakers fall Dale Jewett | Automotive News / April 3, 2007 - 2:02 pm / UPDATED: 4/3/2007 5:37 P.M. March's U.S. auto sales results have a familiar...
11
11

Ford may shake up sales unit
Ford may shake up sales unit marketing exec likely to be replaced as automaker misses its first quarter targets. Three months into a new year, Ford Motor Co. is still struggling to hit lowered sales...

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
No, any oil with high levels of zinc phosphorous compounds. Synthetic or not.
1
1

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Or simply use AllFleet oil like Shell Rotella.

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
Like I said, your funeral. You can lead an ass to water but you can't make him think. What You Should Know About Catalytic Converters
1
1

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
And the reason it is (or was initially) only mandated on the thinner grades of oil is PARTLY that they are more likely to be consumed, and PARTLY because the thicker oil does not depend as much on the...

Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals
It's your funeral.
1
1

2005 Mercury GM GS model
Neighbor has it for sale. It has 985 yes thats right nine hundred and eighty five miles on it. He bought it for his mother who practically never drove it and has become too old to drive. Want's $15 k...
2
2

Air Vents Cutting Out in '03 CV
Hi All, My air vents sometime switch flow to defrost vents. This seems vacuum related as is more likely when going uphill and gets restored under lighter load conditions. Any idea where to look for...
5
5