2000 3.8 Windstar light engine tapping question

I've got a 2000 Windstar with about 100K on the clock. When it's started it sometimes sounds like a light tapping in the top end.
Doesn't appear to be consistent. Soo... before I go and tear anything
apart has anyone else here experienced similar issues & if so what did you find to be the problem/solution?
TIA
Full_Name opined in

Yeah... quit using that cheap store brand or nationally advertised oil that references a certain P-eastern state. There's two brands.
Use Mobil 1 and after the first couple changes, just go longer between.
and NOT a filter that has four letters and means, "Pay me now AND pay me later"
Use Purolator or Motorcraft