2000 Contour key-less entry

I just bought a repoed 2000 Contour. How can I find out if it has keyless entry? It does have power door locks. If it does, how does one find a new transmitter and program it?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

go to

and ask on this web site alot of good info on contours there.....

Reply to
jim

I'd be shocked if it doesn't. When I bought a new Escort in 1997, the dealer told me that keyless entry was standard even on that model. If that's the case, surely the Contour is too.

You can buy replacement remotes on ebay for $20 with free shipping. I know because I just bought one for my Taurus, and it uses the same remote.

The programming instructions are very simple. They're in your owner's manual.

CJ

Reply to
CJB