2000 Contour SE V6

Page 2 of 4
wrote:

What about all the independent test data?

Well that's just the thing isn't it... they refuse to do any legitimate testing like the rest of the oil manufacturers. Instead they do there own biased testing and rely on fools like you to market it for them. I'll bet you also have magic gas mileage pills in your fuel tank, magnets on the gas line and a tornado in the intake. They've all been "proven" to work by some scammer as well. Bob

They have done certified testing on products, there are plenty of independent test results. Like the rest of the oil manufactures? Gimme a break. Fools to market them? Don't be assanine. None of those pills, magnets, swirling intakes things work. Synthetic lubriants are proven to be better, go look at the Mobil 1 wesbite, they have lots of information on why synthetics are better. Only fools like you don't use synthetics lubricants.

Nobody's arguing that synthetics are not better. Although saying you are a fool not to use synthetics, period, is stretching it, and not juast a little. In some engines, under some conditions, synthetics give you no significant advantage. What we ARE saying is SpamZoil is NOT NECESSARILLY better than Mobil 1 or Syntek, or any other synthetic oil - and in all probability is not as good as some.
***
On Sat, 27 May 2006 19:53:41 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

So now your calling is SpamZoil... seems like you are resorting to calling names now. Is that what you do when don't have a valid argument? Once again tests both Amsoil's own and independent test show its is better than Mobil 1. All engines can benifit from synthetic's. Give one example where synthetics are not as good or dont give you an advantage.

I could give a shit about the tests amsoil has conducted, but I'd really like to see links to some of these independent sites that say amsoil is better than mobile 1.
You do know this isn't the first time the subject has come up don't you? You're just the latest in a long list of people spamming amsoil on the newsgroups and trying to convince the world how wonderful amsoil is. Bob

Its Mobil not Mobile. Second, try www.bobistheoilguy.com
Andy wrote:

the only test there I could find was air filters (Amsoil came in second worst to K&N) and gear oil (aimsoil held water and foamed up worse than the other) Can you give a more precise link? Or at least one that shows something *good* about Amsoil... :)

Did you read any of the formus?

What's a formus?

First off you misspelled forums, second off you still haven't provided links to any of those independent sites that say amsoil is better than mobile 1. Or is "some guy in a forum said so" the extent of your proof? Bob

Never heard of Mobile 1. Did you misspell Mobil 1 ?? Looks like no matter where I link to, your not going to belive it anyway.

Do I at least get some points for being consistent? Lol...

So I guess that means you can't come up with anything other than what the rest of the amsoil flunkies are saying. So you are probably right, I'm not very apt to change what I "belive" Bob

I could, but it seems like its a waste of time, since your not willing to change.

Cop out.
On Mon, 29 May 2006 23:39:01 GMT, aarcuda69062

You'd think if people were interested, they could figure out where to look, I guess they can't.

You'd think that someone who wants to be believed about the brand of oil that he's hawking could manage a copy and paste of a URL.
If BITOG has a search function or an index, it's not very apparent...
On Tue, 30 May 2006 00:22:07 GMT, aarcuda69062

I'm not hawking it, I'm saying thats what I use. If people cant read test results for themselves, then they should run over to Wal Mart and get a $14.95 oil and filter change with the crap they sell.

Bullshit!!

You need to get a grip on reality