2000 Contour SE V6

Page 3 of 4

Really? I suppose the fact that you identify here as wisynoil is just a random coincidence, 'eh?

Bull shit. You claimed that Amsoil is the best oil. Prove it by some means other than the ad copy generated by the salesdroids at Amsoil. How can an oil be "best" when the manufacturer can't or won't certify that their oil actually -meets- a vehicle manufacturers specifications? They weasel around it by claiming that their product XXX is "recommended" for vehicles that require a particular specification.

As you claim, yet you can't or won't point anyone to these supposed tests.

Okay, so how about a pointer to something documenting that the oil that Walmart uses is crap?
"aarcuda69062" wrote

You must mean this place? http://www.wisynoil.com /
WISYNOIL an Independent AMSOIL Dealer based in Neenah, WI ------------------------------------------------ And perhaps this thread? http://www.wisconsinstreetdominators.com/forum/showthread.php?t794
WEBSITE SPONSOR http://www.WiSynOil.com
Independent Amsoil Dealer - T-1 Certified Email: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Phone: 920-482-2193 Skype: wisynoil ------------------------------------------------
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Google searches are so much fun!)
On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:40:30 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

Busted? Hardly. If you think I'm trying to sell you this stuff, your nuts.

A dealer not trying to sell his product? Never get rich that way.

According to a Wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsoil The company was initially spelled "Amzoil" for "Amatuzio's Oil." It was then changed to Amsoil. Geeze
On Wed, 31 May 2006 10:54:17 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

And very interesting, in the cited source - who does Amsoil buy their POA base stocks from???? No, they do NOT manufacture their own. They buy it from - DRUM ROLL-----------MOBIL!!!!!!!!!!

Now that is obviously NOT the only alternative. Nothing wrong with Castrol GTX (or Syntec if you want synthetic) or Havoline, or Valvoline, or Shell Ultra or Rotella, or a host of other fine petroleum based or synthetic, or synthetic blend premium oils. You don't have to go to the cheapest crap you can buy, installed by brainless droids just to avoid Amsoil.
***

You keep yapping about all the testing that has been done to prove how good amsoil is.... and yet when asked for just one link to an independent test which comes up with the results you claim, you can't do it.
I think at this point it's safe to say that the people who don't buy into amsoils lies aren't the ones with there heads in the sand. Instead it's those fools who blindly believe amsoils claims. Bob

And make the test something other than the 4 ball friction test, which anyone who knows anything about tedting oil will tell you is the easiest test to "rig" and really means little if anything, even at best.

***

Now thats just pure BS, since I have posted links several times.

Sure you have... to amsoils website, and to a forum which anyone can post to which proves nothing except that your not the only idiot who blindly believes the claims made by amsoil. Bob
Andy wrote:

I skimmed through them a bit. Didn't see any "tests" in there. I remember a site that a guy with a Camaro did a test of his own with Mobil 1 and Amsoil. I'll try to find it and see if he completed it. I think his "thing" was how many miles he could get out of the oil before it HAD to be changed.

I did a quick browse through Google and every one of the first 2 Google pages of Amsoil tests were all affiliated with or sold Amsoil except 1 which was a test of Mobil 1, and not compared to Amsoil.
--
I. Care

Harldy spaming about Amsoil. Someone asked what oil I was using, so I mentioned it. Then they started lying about Amsoil.

Synthetic oil will give no advantage if the engine running regular oil is already, statistically, outlasting the vehicle it is installed in while running a non-synthetic energy conserving oil, changed at specified intervals.
Also, synthetics are NOT the oil to use in an engine that gets very little use and never gets up to full operating temperature. This is because the commonly employed Polymerized alpha olefin synthetics are not particularly profficient at preventing corrosion. They are also incompatible with some older elastomeric materials used in seal construction (they do not cause the materials to swell - which is a requirement of some older seal designs.) This means synthetic oils are not the lubricant of choice for many older engines.
Also, synthetic oils and high lead fuels such as 100LL Av-Gas do not play well together - meaning I cannot safely use synthetic oils in my aircraft engine if I run 100LL Av-Gas (my aircraft engine is a converted automotive power plant) unless I change the oil at 25 hour intervals. Six liters of $10 per liter oil every 25 hours is NOT going to happen. The alternative to 25 hour changes is NOT an option - lead sludge buildup in the crankcase.
I'm not saying AmZoil is not a good oil. It is likely more than adequate for a large majority of engines in daily use. But so is any major manufacturer's synthetic offering, and MOST of the premium non-synthetic or synthetic blend motor oils on the market today.
What I take issue with is the almost religous zeal of the vast majority of AmZOil proponents who claim the product is better than any other lubricant out there, for absolutely all applications. This is patently untrue.
***
On Sat, 27 May 2006 23:18:21 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

The seal myth has been busted a long time ago. Engines that dont get up to opoerating temps need a by-pass filter to get rid of the water and other stuff that would otherwise boil off.

Maybe. But then you need to run aviation certified oils. All jet engines use syntheic lubricants, since conventional ones can't stand up to the low temps of high altitutes.

Its not AmZoil it's Amsoil. Geeze

As for the "seal myth", it is NOT A MYTH. CURRENT seal materials are not adversely affected, but do NOT run synthetic oils in a mid fifties engine, or even some early seventies engines with either original or NOS seals. The seals WILL harden, and they WILL score the shaft, and they WILL leak. Not a problem with today's engines, but definitely enough of a problem to make synthetic oils a "definite no-no" for some older engines - which was my point. Synthetic oils are NOT necessarilly the best for ALL applications.
A bypass filter will NOT provide the corrosion protection that is lacking in synthetic oils, even if it did remove the water(which it won't, as the condensation occurs as the engine cools down, when it is NOT running, and therefor the bypass filter is not active) The only way to get adequate corrosion protection is by running a "blend" (mixing some petroleum based oil)

I do NOT need to run certified oil in a non-certified engine in my home-built.And conventional oils stand up just fine to operation below 10,000 feet - and I can't fly higher than that without supplemental oxygen. As for all jets running synthetic oils, that is pretty well true, but it is a totally different synthetic than what you run in your car. Many of the jet synthetics are totally incompatible with petroleum base stocks.Look up "diesters" or "phosphate esters".
PAO synthetics are the commonly used automotive synthetics, which blend well with petroleum base stocks.

A rose by any other name would be as sweet, as the old Bard once said.
***
On Mon, 29 May 2006 13:46:48 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

From the Mobl1 wesbite:
Myth:     Mobil 1 will leak out of the seals of older cars.
Reality: Mobil 1 does not cause leaks. In fact, new Mobil 1 was tested in dozens of industry standard and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) tests to prove its seal performance. It is fully compatible with the elastomeric materials from which all automotive seals and gaskets are made. If an older engine is in good condition and does not have oil leaks, Mobil 1 provides the same advantages as when used in a new engine. ExxonMobil recommends taking measures to repair the leaks, then using Mobil 1. ExxonMobil also recommends following the automobile manufacturer's manual for the proper oil to use.
So you are wrong on that count.

Some current synthetics blend esters with the POA to provide the protection (seal swelling) and some do not. Mobil one DOES. Nobody can tell me for sure if Amsoil does - if they can't tell me what they have done to get around the problem, I won't believe when they say they have no problem. Just because Exxon/Mobil, one of the leaders in lubrication technology world wide has addressed the problem does not mean everyone has.
***
On Mon, 29 May 2006 21:55:42 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

LOL

LOL..... yea that sure refutes his claims..... dumbass