2000 Cougar v6 stalling Help !

Just bought a 2000 cougar, every tank of gas so far when it gets past 1/2 tank,I have a couple of events where it starts to sputter and barely run ,then straightens out and does alright.53,000 miles, Fuel pump? Fuel
filter? Advice please and Thank You.
Bart Simpson opined in

Cant hurt to change the fuel filter.