2000 CROWN VIC COOLING SYSTEM FLUSH

I replaced the lower radiator hose and yes I did the upper hose too along with a new thermostat. I saw in the manual it takes 16 qts. of 50-50 coolant, and I can not get more than 2 gallons into the system on
the refill. I flushed out the enitre system real well with a hose after disconnecting the heater hoses and back flushed the engine. is there any reason why I can't fill the system with the 16 qts?? Is there a block plug for draining? I am really concerned about the proper mixture since I flushed the system with water and it is "hiding" somehere. Any info. will help. Also the lower hose is very expensive $79 !! THANKS!!

That's why system should be flushed... you cant get the water out of the block easily
And that's why it's a good idea to put in the first gallon of AF straight.
Then alternate quart by quart. Then use coolant tester and adjust by what you put in the overflow bottle.
Assume it's 'burped', of course.
And HTH did your lower hose go bad that quick?
NEVER had that happen, since the sixties, anyway.
I think SOMEONE's been listening to Auto Parts commercials!
you pay..DEAL with it!

After a flush he should put in 2 gallons of straight antifreeze and then top off with water to end up with a 50% mix. Otherwise he won't get enough antifreeze into the system to get a 50% mix. Chances are he won't add much if any water. Bob
Pull the drain plugs on the block, then add a 50-50 mix. OR go pay the dealer for a $175 system flush.

Well sure, if it actually had drain plugs you could get at..... but it doesn't.