2000 E-250 cargo van: Rewire Headlights so when high beams are on low beams stay on also

where I drive there are lots of hills and curves....and wild turkeys and deer. when the high beams are turned on the low beams go off, it makes it hard to see the roadsides up close. the van has one light per
side with high and low beam. is it possible or practical to wire it so the low beam stays on when high beam is turned on?. Thanks for any help
A dual element bulb would generate too much heat if both elements were on at the same time for to long.
What you want to do would be good if you have seperate low and high bulbs.
I say try it, the worst that will happen is the housing will melt. Good luck.

If you have only one headlight with a dual filament bulb on each side, this is a bad idea, due to excess heat being generated. If your problem is lack of foreground light and beam spread, GOOD fog lights may do the job. Or, find some driving lights that would fit the 4 X 6 high/low sealed beams, throw the driving light reflector/lens inserts away, and use the brackets & mounts for your new lights. Or, look on eBay for Hella XL since these lights were designed for the specific job.
snipped-for-privacy@email.net wrote:

Yes it is it possible to wire it so the low beam stays on when high beam is turned on. I have have been wiring my cars that way, for some of the same reasons as you describe, for years. By not switchig off the low beams I can run the fog/road lamps as well.. To get around inspection laws you need to wire in a seperate power supply to the high beams that you can be turn on as you wish. On Some of the newer cars one can activate the flash to pass feature while on low beam and thus light all the lamps as well.
mike hunt