2000 Explorer - Tire Noise

I have a 2000 Explorer with Goodyear Wranglers, which make an awful lot of noise. Has anyone else experienced this? I need to replace them anyway and would like to hear from others which brand works better, and eliminates the noise. Thanks.

Reply to
Bruce

My SIL had some Generals (255x16 I think) on his 2000 Explorer that were so noisy at 30000 miles that most people would swear that there were at least two front wheel bearings that were bad. I swapped one of them with a new spare and proved that the noise was caused from the tires. I recommended Michelins. He replaced them with Michelins and all is quite now. I expect they will stay that way for the next 75000 miles. Stan K.

Reply to
Stan Kasperski

Reply to
Rich