2000 F-150 Stalling problem

My 2000 F-150 fails to start & stalls when starting sometimes?
It will be fine for a while then it does it again. Service engine light does not come on.
If I start it & give it gas it will run if I keep my foot on the gas. After a while it will be fine & idle ok.
I have noticed that this happens when the tank is low on gas. This could just be a coincidence also.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you, Steve