2000 Fard Taurus FFV

Hi, I am experiencing intermitant stalling. The car has 175,000 miles on it and has been great! The stalling started about a month ago - weather the same as usual. The car would start fine. Started pulling it out of the parking space at work - went about 15 feet and it stalled. Would not restart in "N" - just cranked. Put it in "P" waited about 15 seconds and it started. Drive it home from work - 62 miles - no problem. About 1 week later, started it, pulled from the parking spot, went about 100 yards and it died. Tried to start it in "N" = cranked, no go. Shifted to "P" - started and drove 62 miles back home. Had the fuel pump replaced - $800.00. Now a little history = Had the check engine light come on and the fuel gauge stopped working at about 70,000 miles - three codes came up - drove it another 100,000 with the check engine light on and the fuel gauge not working. Now that it's stalling, you can kind of tell, because the fuel guage starts working just before it stalls. The shop had it for over one week, couldn't duplicate the problem. I drive it home, three days later, stalls. Same issues - any ideas??

Reply to
Johnblv

Replace fuel filter(s), check fuel pressure at the rail.

Your problem now is that subsequent check engine light activations from other symptoms are now masked by your perceived fuel system problems.

My guess is that the crankshaft position sensor is on it's way out.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1