2000 Ford Ranger

My son has a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4. His vehicle dis not come from the factory with tilt or cruise. I don't know why in this day and age they would even produce a vehicle without theres options...but anyway..

He would like to add both tilt & cruise. If I am able to find a steering column (at a salvage yard) that has tilt and cruise, do you suppose I can simply swap them out? I know that I will have my work cut out for me...but did the factory leave a pig tail or connector under the dash for aftermarket upgrade?

His truck is in storage for a few more weeks until he comes home from Iraq. I have not looked under the dash for connectors as of yet. Just asking for advice and trying to steer clear of the dealer pricing.

I appreciate your comments.

Kyle

Reply to
KM

So that "Interstate" and Ricart can advertise: "New Ford Rangers! Low as..."

The tilt change will probably be fairly easy.. minding the safety issues with airbags and all. And airbag is more important than tilt. May require a PCM (computer) swap You need to buy the full shop manual. Check ebay

Thank your son for his service to our country!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

also ask on

Backyard Mechanic