2000 Ford Ranger

My son has a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4. His vehicle dis not come from the factory with tilt or cruise. I don't know why in this day and age they would even produce a vehicle without theres options...but anyway..
He would like to add both tilt & cruise. If I am able to find a steering column (at a salvage yard) that has tilt and cruise, do you suppose I can simply swap them out? I know that I will have my work cut out for me...but did the factory leave a pig tail or connector under the dash for aftermarket upgrade?
His truck is in storage for a few more weeks until he comes home from Iraq. I have not looked under the dash for connectors as of yet. Just asking for advice and trying to steer clear of the dealer pricing.
I appreciate your comments.
Kyle

So that "Interstate" and Ricart can advertise: "New Ford Rangers! Low as..."
The tilt change will probably be fairly easy.. minding the safety issues with airbags and all. And airbag is more important than tilt. May require a PCM (computer) swap You need to buy the full shop manual. Check ebay
Thank your son for his service to our country!
you pay..DEAL with it!
also ask on
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
you pay..DEAL with it!