2000 Ford Taurus: CD options?

I have a 2000 Taurus SES that I would like to add a CD changer to. The dealer who sold me the car said that Sony made a changer that would be compatible with the
stock am/fm/cass/cd unit in the dash. Is this true or would I have to go through Ford to get the appropriate CD changer for the my car? Either way, what would be the part numbers for the correct changer for this car?
Thanx,
-- Paul
Go to www.crutchfield.com and click on 'What fits my car?' You should find a changer that's controlled by your radio, if it's possible. Tom F.

dealer who

with the stock

Ford to

the part

@slower_traffic_get_to_the_right.com says...

If you have changer controls on your radio's control panel, you can add a changer. The changer plugs into the radio control unit, which is in the trunk (the dash is just display, controls and tape player.) If you have the center console with the shifter, the factory had an option to mount the changer in there. Otherwise, the changer mounts in the trunk. Unless you are very handy, it may be easier to just keep the changer in the trunk.
Also, you don't have to stick with a 6-disk changer. The radio will support more. I have an AudioVox 10-disk changer in my 2000 Sable.
A few links (some are long and require cut/paste to put back together):
www.crutchfield.com (I first bought one from here. It died in after a few weeks.)
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/OEM_Factory_OEM_COMPATIBLE_PLUG_IN_CHANG ERS_REGULAR_FORD_CHANGERS_NON_MP3_FORD_CHANGERS_FDR_page_1_c_115.html
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/FORD_6 _DISC_COMPATIBLE_CHANGER_CDC_FDR_SUPER_SMALL_SIZE_MP3_p_3717.html
http://www.cdchangersonline.com/itm00045.htm
http://www.cdchangersonline.com/itm00001.htm

dealer who

with the stock

Ford to

the part

http://www.radiosandmore.com /
I bought one for my wife's Taurus here, along with the wiring harness. Give them a call if you don;t see what you are looking for, they were very helpful.