2000 Ford Windstar

Pretty basic question...I have a 2000 Ford Windstar and want to flush the antifreeze. I can't locate a plug to release the old antifreeze. I see where the overflow feeds into a 1" (approx) hose which travels down and I could disconnect that hose. The problem is I don't see an easy way to capture the fluid nor am I sure it would properly drain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
mikejann

antifreeze. I can't locate a plug to release the old antifreeze. I see where the overflow feeds into a 1" (approx) hose which travels down and I could disconnect that hose. The problem is I don't see an easy way to capture the fluid nor am I sure it would properly drain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1) This is one LONG line. Please break up your lines so your lines are not longer than say 72 characters long. Most newsreaders will do this automatically. 2) Look in your owner's manual. I don't know if a antifreeze flush is recommended yet. Many newer vehicles have much longer intervals.

In my 1997 Countor, I just add a solution of stuff that lubricates the pump and neutralizes acid.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

antifreeze. I can't locate a plug to release the old antifreeze. I see where the overflow feeds into a 1" (approx) hose which travels down and I could disconnect that hose. The problem is I don't see an easy way to capture the fluid nor am I sure it would properly drain. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Jerry