2000 ford winstar transmission trouble

got a 2000 ford winstar the transmission started to make a roaring sound when you start it up and you oput it in gear it wount do anything

Reply to
jimmyh

Ronald Wilkinson
69,000 miles and i just bought it 1 month ago
Reply to
jimmyh

Reply to
Ronald Wilkinson

replace filter and still same guess it transmission over haul

Reply to
jimmyh

Is the transmission a AXODE? (It'll say Ford Metric AXOD on the pan, )

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

yes it has axod transmission

Reply to
jimmyh

Hey guys. I have the girlfriends 99 Windstar w/ 175K on it and overdrive light comes on at cruise with subsequent engine lugging.... Is it trans replacement time?

Reply to
mmmgall

it could be time take and have it put on a machine to see if it shows anything it could be a sencer my trans trouble was the pump in the trans it cost about $35.00 to have it checked

Reply to
jimmyh

Jimmyh, Thanks for the reply. Did you take it to a dealership to have it "put on a machine" ? I hope its something cheap as the car otherwise drives great with 175k on the mileage.

Reply to
mmmgall

took it to a transmission shop

Reply to