2000 Ford ZX2 Radio

How can I take out the stock radio in a 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 without damaging the interior?

Reply to
c_cook2007

Does it have two little holes on either side of the radio? If so, there's a very cheap tool at the part's store you can get. It's two U shaped metal rods with detents on the end. You insert them and tilt, and the radio slides right out. You can make your own, but the $3 ones at the parts store work much better.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I went in to a shop and had to buy a harness adapter (didnt need a mount for my car since it was the same size & trim covered the hole anyway) but they just popped it out for me with the u-tool, and i left it out until i got home to install the deck.

Reply to
Picasso

some people also have bent coat hangers or tried using 2 straight screwdrivers, or punches etc, but just end up damaging the face of the factory unit.. might as well spend the 3 bucks or whatever buddy said, or get a shop to pop it out for ya

Reply to
Picasso