2000 Mercury Villager - general questions

My wife and I are considering buying a 2000 Villager. The vehicle has about 60+k miles on it. Other than some typical normal wear and tear, it looks clean. I do notice it needs tires, probably an alignment to go with it, the timing belt will probably have to be replaced, and the plugs & wires. The seller is asking about 8 thousand for it. For the owners of such a vehicle in this group: What kind of gas mileage are you getting? What, if any, kind of repair work are you having done, and approx. at what mileage? (I do recall the mid 90s vehicles having the following problems @

100+k: broken motor mounts, warped exhaust manifolds, and the controller for the rear air blower frying out in the front head).

Since we would put a bunch of miles on this vehicle (30k-40k @ year), I would appreciate any constructive comments in regards to reliabilty and durability.

Thank you to those that respond.

Note: Village idiots need not apply.

Reply to
oh, poop

Village idiots need not apply.

Reply to
oh, poop

the only idiot is wanting to buy the village

lmfao u go girl

Reply to
icouldv8