2000 Ranger

I have a 2000 Ranger with automatic transmission. It just recently started slamming into gear when I start from a dead stop. (Usually just first gear.) When I go through the gears manually it seems to work fine. The
fluid appears to be OK. Any ideas. Thanks, Pat Buckley
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
My car did this until I changed fluid and gasket, no issues any more.
Eric