2000 Taurs Wagon - Air Distribution Control Not Working

There might have been some recent threads on this.

When I have the blower on the air always gets diverted to the defroster vents. Alldata says that this might be indicative of a vacuum leak to the control motors, since by design all air defaults to the defroster outlets in case of vacuum loss.

I can't get any air through the dash vents or floor vents, so I'm wondering if the door actuator(s) might be broken or a vacuum leak, but the car idles in the correct RPM range.

I didn't see any recalls or TSBs on this for manual climate control. Any ideas? Will an extended warranty cover this problem? Seems like it should.

Was this situation similar to what the poster Jerry had to fix on his van recently?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
sleepdog