2000 Taurus cd player

I bought a 2000 Taurus and it has the cd controls in radio/climate control dashplate. I'd like to install a cd player but can't decide which way to go; either a used trunk changer or a Scosche radio/climate
control dash panel change-out kit so I can install a radio/player up front in the dash. I checked Ebay for Ford changers and it seems that they can be a trouble-prone device. Anyone have experience with them? Anyone have experience in replacing the dash piece and running new wiring?
It would probally be a less hassle to either let a professional install it, that way they can worry about the problems with the cdplayer or, get yourself a different Ford vehicle without that dashplate radio/climate control combo.

I bought a Sony 10 disk XPLOD unit that plays MP3s and put it in the trunk of my 2000 Taurus. I bought it from audiotoys.com. They sell kits that include the changer, wires and the little black box that allows it to work with your factory stereo. You tell them the car you have, they pick the black box for you. It took about 1/2 hour to install in the trunk. The actual stereo is located behind the trunk felt over the rear driver side wheel well. All of the functions work correctly from the factory radio controls up front. The one thing you should keep in mind is the factory position in the center of the trunk opening is a real hassle when putting large items in. Mount your changer off to one side of the trunk.