2000 Taurus Check engine light when starting car

I would like to know from people who have a Taurus (or other Fords) how their check engine light works when they start the car. Mine works like this:

1) Turning on the ignition (not the engine) -> "Check Engine" light is on and stays on as long as ignition is on.

2) Turning the engine on -> "Check Engine" light turns off and stays off.

All the other lights (airbag, brake, etc.) turn on for about 5 seconds when I turn on the engine and then turn off again.

So the "Check engine" light is the only one that works differently for me.

I'm wondering whether the light was manipulated before or whether all Taurus models work like that.

Thanks

Reply to
Taurus2000

Thomas Moats

That is normal. It stays on because you do have an error as far as the computer is concerned: the engine is not running!

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann