2000 Taurus goofy brake switch

BlankHas anyone had trouble with the goofy switch that is activated by the brake pedal. It's the switch that controls whether or not you get the car shifted out of PARK or not, I've have trouble with both the switch melting and the associated wire harness melting in the last year. I've have the dealer replace it once and now they're telling me I have to replace it again for about 200 dollars. Is this a poorly engineered design or what.

Reply to
Rick Bryson

"Rick Bryson" wrote

Does this sound familiar?

Slightly trimmed version:

On certain passenger vehicles equipped with adjustable pedals, if the grease from the adjustable pedal assembly enters the stop lamp switch, it can contaminate the contacts leading to carbon build up, and potentially, a short circuit. A short circuit could lead to either the brake lamps staying on or to a loss of brake lamp function, increasing the risk of a crash.

[NHTSA Recall No. 01V078/Ford Recall No. 01S08]
Reply to
MasterBlaster