2000 Taurus Leaking Gas?

I own a 2000 Ford Taurus. Recently I started to notice that when the car sits for a long period of time (overnight for example), it leaks enough fluid to form a small puddle behind the left rear wheel. I
don't smell gas, and when I wipe the stuff off the floor, it does not appear to be gas, but I don't know what else it could be.
When I crawl under the car and look up, there is what appears to be a rubber grommet that is parallel to the floor, on the flat surface of the underbody, a couple inches rearward of the left rear wheel well. There is evidence of fluid leakage around this grommet and there appears to be evidence that the substance has landed on just about everything in the area (including the muffler). Does anybody have any idea what this could be? If it is gas, I would imagine that having it leak directly on the muffler could end up disastrous.
Nevermind... I just crawled back under there and saw that it was coming out of a second grommet, and realized that the grommets simply go to the trunk. Turns out there was a pinhole in the quart of oil that I had in my trunk and that therefore that a quart of oil was sitting over by my wheel well and down in my spare tire compartment. Now I just have to hope that it doesn't harm my spare or any of the insulation on the wires that it's all over.