2000 Taurus SEL Question

I just bought a 2000 Taurus SEL with 87k on it. The question I have is, it has a keyless entry keypad, but I cannot find the code. The original owner
did not leave the manufacturer's code card with the manual. I have been told several places to look for it, but I can't find it anywhere.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Scott
Scott T. Indresano wrote:

Have you tried the dealer?
Jeff
I've got a 2k Sable, same scenario. Look behind the fuse block under the dash. Behind the right side of it you will see a paper tag attached to the BACK of the fuse block. Using a mirror you can read the master code for the car. It may be hard to read but it's there. You may need the mirror to even see the tag never mind the code and you will be reading it backwards in the mirror.

side?

Call a Ford dealership, preferably the one the car was originally purchased from. Let them know you just bought the car and want a new code assigned. I'd do that just for safety unless you really trust all previous owners of the car, or you're certain that previous owners do not know who bought the car. There is a fee for having it changed, but better than waking up some morning with the car long gone.
crazy-repairs

Dealer scanned the computer at no charge and gave me the factory door code. Woo hoo!!!

You're too lucky! Congrats. Now you're safe, and it didn't cost a cent.
Crazy-Repairs