2000 Taurus stalling

I have a taurus that likes to stall at red lights or when I'm just driving along. I've had a diagnostic test run on it and it showed nothing. Any ideas

tupinambis wrote:

Idle air control valve is dirty/worn.

What do you mean 'just driving along'?
When you release the accel? If so, then may be the IAC, as Sharon Cooke says.
If it dies at cruise, or anytime foot is on the gas, that's different.
you pay..DEAL with it!
tupinambis wrote:

I'd also check the catalytic converter if the IAC doesn't work out.
Jody Lee Bruchon wrote:

And throttle positioning sensor. But it's probably the IAC.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com