2000 taurus transmission.

my daughters car. 3.0 engine. 74k on it and is making a "clunk" and reverse is slow to engage "sometimes". i drove it today and it pulls left under accel and right under braking.
the tranny felt "normal" to me, as far as ford slush boxes are. now any advice on this one. i did the fluid and filter at 40k and was planning on 80 k again. is it true these are POS ? levels are fine and fluid looks good. i have the 76k warranty from the thief/dealer we bought it from so i will be going there. any hands on dealings with this beast would help. TIA matt
snipped-for-privacy@matt.org wrote:

Check the CV joints and motor mounts carefully for a start.
Bob
-

yup sounds like a cracked drum to me
hurc ast
good diagnosis. the rear brake drum was fine but the friction material was separated from the shoe and loose in the drum. did a full brake job and its fine now!!!!!!!! thank god it wasnt the trans...... BTW it has a rebuilt/new tranny in it from the factory. thanks for the input....... Matt