2000 Taurus Wagon - Coil Spring Recall

I finally had the front coil spring recall performed two weeks ago at the dealership when I had the bad ignition coil replaced under warranty. That's where they put some kind of plastic shroud on the
front coil spring to prevent further problems, if the spring decides to crack while driving (cheap steel?). The recall applies to "corrosion states" in the Northeast US I think and not sure about Canada.
Since it came back from the dealer the left front strut? is making a knocking sound when you turn the wheel left/right or run over bumps in the road. It's similar to the sound of a bad bearing cap but wanted to know if there were any further information anyone could share. The bearing caps should not be bad at 55k miles. Pushing down on the car also produces a noise in the same area. Pushing on the other corners does not. Maybe the just the plastic shroud is knocking on something. I'm bringing it back in on Saturday to get it looked at.
Thanks sleepdog

To do the recall, the stabilizer link has to be disconnected from the strut. It's possible that they didn't get it back on tight enough. It's a metal shield BTW.

Got the keys handed back to me this morning, no charge. Loose stabilizer links!
Thanks!

Don't ask how I knew that.