2000 Taurus warning light

I have a 2000 Taurus. While on the interstate today a warning light came on. It was located under the tach guage. It is a gear shaped (circle with notches) with an exclamation point in the center. Do anyone know what it
means??No owner manual came with it vechile as i bought it second hand. I called my local dealer and they didnt know.
Thanks,
Matthew
Matthew Boyer wrote:

Scroll down to the picture of the instrument panel, I think it is number 19, the transaxle warning light:
http://www.hillerford.com/Web%20Pages/resource%20library/2001/2001cars/2001taurus/2001taurusmain.htm
(All I did was google for 'taurus warning light' and this was the only hit under google images)
You can download a manual in pdf format from:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/ownerlit/default_retail.asp?year 00&vehCode=tau
According to the manual, the exclamation point in the middle of the gear means:
"Check transaxle
"Illumination of this light indicates that a problem has been detected and shifting may be restricted. If this lamp remains on, have your vehicle serviced immediately."
Regards,
Ed White
Matthew Boyer wrote:

boyer.com says...

Look for a different dealer that knows their vehicles. The symbol means your transmission computer detected a problem. Other than double-checking the fluid level, you should get it checked out.