2000 Taurus warning light

I have a 2000 Taurus. While on the interstate today a warning light came on. It was located under the tach guage. It is a gear shaped (circle with notches) with an exclamation point in the center. Do anyone know what it means??No owner manual came with it vechile as i bought it second hand. I called my local dealer and they didnt know.

Thanks,

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Boyer

Scroll down to the picture of the instrument panel, I think it is number

19, the transaxle warning light:

(All I did was google for 'taurus warning light' and this was the only hit under google images)

Reply to
Mark Olson

You can download a manual in pdf format from:

According to the manual, the exclamation point in the middle of the gear means:

"Check transaxle

"Illumination of this light indicates that a problem has been detected and shifting may be restricted. If this lamp remains on, have your vehicle serviced immediately."

Regards,

Ed White

Matthew Boyer wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Look for a different dealer that knows their vehicles. The symbol means your transmission computer detected a problem. Other than double-checking the fluid level, you should get it checked out.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann