2000 Windstar Now in the UK it's become a l Fuel Guzzler

I've got my 2000 Ford Windstar which we recently imported to the UK. When we were driving it in Canada we'd get somewhere in the region of 31 Imperial MPG on the highway's and 24 Imperial MPG around town in
the winter.
The last two fuel tanks over here in the UK have averaged 17 !!! Imperial MPG. Before we brought it over we put in new plugs, Filters, Synthetic oil and we keep the tires at 35 PSI. We've run fuel injection cleaner through it and are at a loss as to what it could be.
1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609 Litres 1 US gallon = 3.7854118 Litres
Fortunately fuel here is only $6 gallon