2000 windstar only goes in reverse

2000 SEL with 44K. Fluid level ok. My question is do I take it to a transmission place or back to the dealer where I bought it used less than a year ago? TIA Matt
Reply to
Matt

is it a possible linkage problem? does not have park or neautrel gears?

is it easy to move the shift arm.. with no feedback friction?

Reply to
Mercury

"Mercury" wrote in news:qyXXb.11361$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

It does have park and neutral and it is easy to move the shift arm

Reply to
Matt

what happeneds when you go to drive..?

I had the same problem on a plymoth horizon where reverse would not move.. i floored it and it slammed into gear (do this with your foot applied fully to the brake)

Reply to
Mercury

is it possible that you might be able to repair this yourself if its something simple? or if your after having someone else do the job then take it back to where you bought it and (depending on the warranty if any you got with the vehicle) demand that it be repaired at no cost to yourself, however if it was sold as seen etc, or limited warranty than shop around for anyone that might be able to repair it and the best possible price / quality etc..

Reply to
steve

"steve" wrote in news:TK7Yb.6952$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

Purchased "Ford certified used" whatever that means. However I did not purchase the Ford extended warranty at that time.At the dealer's as we "speak". Waiting to hear what the problem is and how receptive they are to fixing it for me. We shall see. I can't do it myself, I know that much! Thanks

Reply to
Matt

is the thing under warrentee.... its only been a year././././ if it aint covered..i would go elsewhere.. the dealer will charge you up to a grand just to look at it

Reply to
Mercury

"Mercury" wrote in news:kSbYb.18566$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

I have an AAMCO guy getting it from the dealer tomorrow. To get another estimate. See "I'm angry at Ford!" for more details. Thanks Ken.

Reply to
Matt