2000 windstar only goes in reverse

Threaded View
2000 SEL with 44K.  Fluid level ok.  My question is do I take it to a
transmission place or back to the dealer where I bought it used less than a
year ago?
TIA
Matt

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse
is it a possible linkage problem?   does not have park or neautrel gears?

is it easy to move the shift arm..  with no feedback friction?

Kenny

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse

It does have park and neutral and it is easy to move the shift arm

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse
what happeneds when you go to drive..?

I had the same problem on a plymoth horizon where reverse would not move.. i
floored it and it slammed into gear (do this with your foot applied fully to
the brake)

Ken

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse
is it possible that you might be able to repair this yourself if its
something simple? or if your after having someone else do the job then take
it back to where you bought it and (depending on the warranty if any you got
with the vehicle) demand that it be repaired at no cost to yourself, however
if it was sold as seen etc, or limited warranty than shop around for anyone
that might be able to repair it and the best possible price / quality etc..

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse

Purchased "Ford certified used" whatever that means.  However I did not
purchase the Ford extended warranty at that time.At the dealer's as we
"speak".  Waiting to hear what the problem is and how receptive they are to
fixing it for me. We shall see. I can't do it myself, I know that much!
Thanks

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse
is the thing under warrentee....   its only been a year././././   if it aint
covered..i would go elsewhere.. the dealer will charge you up to a grand
just to look at it

Ken

Re: 2000 windstar only goes in reverse

I have an AAMCO guy getting it from the dealer tomorrow.  To get another
estimate.  See "I'm angry at Ford!" for more details.
Thanks Ken.

Site Timeline