2000 ZX2 Brake-Shift Interlock

I have a 2000 ZX2 and the brake-shift interlock won't engage and let the car out of park.If you sit and press the brake repeatedly it will finally release but only after quite some time. I had this same problem with this
car earlier this year but it stopped all at once and worked fine. It just started doing it again last week. Any ideas?