2001, 2003 Escape; sensitive gas pedal

Have 2 Escapes. '03 has had a recall applied for accelerator pedal fix, but all Escape owners I've talked to complain of pedals with lots of resistance
at the low end. Driver must apply a lot of pressure to overcome the initial resistance, then you get a neck-snapping start. Anyone know of a fix?
R. A.
Have had someone check the throttle body for buid-up?
Ed

I have an '02 and had that problem until the recall was done. Once the new throttle cable was installed, I've had no problem with it. If anything, it was too easy to push, but that may have been a "trained foot" response to the old throttle.
A couple of things you might try that I got off the Escape-Central web site- Try a silicone lube spray in the throttle sleeve after making sure there's no dirt, etc, in the openings. Grease the pedal pivot pin under the dash. Clean the throttle body linkage and mechanism, and spray lightly with lube.
Or, if all else fails, have the dealership check that they installed the right cable when they did your recall.
Good luck!
SC Tom
SC Tom wrote:

Hi All, okay now to the other side of the coin, I just picked up a new Mustang, the petal is way to easy to push..and the brake seems to far back as I have to sit higher. Any fixes? Beth
alexiastation wrote:

Sorry it's pedal, you try typing with a two year old at your desk :)
Beth, You can do a couple of things. You can put an extra spring on the throttle bracket on your intake, that will help with the ease of pushing your accelerator. But as for the brake, only fix for that that I know of, is to have someone fashion a wood block to put on it, or maybe find a kit at an aftermarket store. There isnt much you can do about that brake pedal. Phil