2001- 2005 Ford Taurus Headlight Bulb Change Procedure

I looked at changing my headlight bulb to a higher energy bulb. It looks like the Silver Star will give me what I am looking for - better night time visibility.

I looked at the light assembly and it is not all that easy to change. Has anyone done this on the 2001-2005 Taurus?

I assume they use the same design.

I do not want to force anything and end up breaking the headlight.

Regards, Garth

Reply to
Stape

A SilverStar will give you a WHITER light, but not necessarily better night time visibility. It will produce more glare to irritate the eyes of oncoming drivers, consume slightly more energy than a standard bulb, generate more heat, and has a projected (FROM Sylvania's own numbers) life that's less than half that of a standard bulb; all that for only twice what a standard bulb costs. :)

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

With all that said, I installed Silver Stars in my 2000 Taurus and am not impressed. When one of them burns out, I'll probably go back to stock. Save yourself the trouble.

As for the actual installation, I screwed around with it for a while, then decided it was worth it to me to let the dealer do it. I have big hands and it has small spaces.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN