2001 4.6L mustang

old man bought a 2001 mustang, 4.6L... he got a good deal and its an automatic. should we keep searching for a 5 speed or are these automatics going to be ok?
I think we should swap in 4.10's, it has 2.73's in it currently.
Is this a good first move for a stock mustang?
Take it racing. If you have the balls, at 145 MPH it will beat almost anything stock that cost within ten grand, except for the 300 HP 5 speed automatic '05 to '07 Mustang, of course.
I had a '99, '01,'03.'05 and now an '07. The '05 and '07 will do 150. They handle better, as well. Traction Lox is standard on the GT, but I believe the 3.27 Traction Lox from a '98 would be a better choice up to 100, if you don't mind loosing top end. You might even find a '98 Cobra independent rear, if you want a '99 that will run as good as the '07 in the twisties ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

I've got a 1999 Grand Marquis LS. I was about to swap gears to 3.55, and want to put in a Limited Slip Diff as I had in my 351 T-bird.
I don't care about top speed, I want to give it some guts on a start.
What I'm wondering, can I use a Mustang Traction Lock LSD in it (with 3.27 or 3.55) ?
I thought I would have to change my driveshaft to an aluminum one to fit that differential.
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

The best place to find what will bolt up to what, is at a salvage yard.
mike