2001 Crown Victoria Fuel Pump

My 2001 Crown Victoria has hard morning starts(((hard start= cranking for 10 seconds..letting go of the key and then engine starts, very hi RPM in the "ON" postition)), but it starts fine for the rest of the
day. What could be the problem?! Already replaced, fuel filter, Air idle control valve but no change. Some say it might be the Fuel pump, or ignition switch? Also, Is the fuel pump located inside the gas tank or outside? Is it somthing i can do myself? Thanks for the expert advice! John.
you should get yourself a manual on the vehicle.(library may have one free for reference) You very well could have a fuel pressure reg issue as I see in a previous message. On cold mornings you should even see it get worse with that sympom, but also it could be air intake related aka once the air leak gets warmed up good it seals for the day.
You can try reading the computer codes at a parts place who will let you use a reader. That may yield some info.
my.02