2001 F150 supercrew 4.6

I have 2001 supercrew 63000 miles. Never had one problem until today.While driving about 30 mph mashed on gas pedal to speed up and truck would jerk kinda of
like transmision couldn't dicide which gear to be in.Then Engine died,digital odometer went to dashes.Radio still playing,all waring lights on. Tried to restart while rolling,engine would turn over,but not start.I came to stom,turned key off and back on and started right up.No check engine light, runs great.What happened?
Take it too a dealership and have them do a code search. It should still be in there.
mike