2001 Ford Escape - Air Bag Warning Light Blinking

The light is blinking in the pattern of 4 blinks, short pause, 7 blinks, long pause, repeat.
Just started heppening in the past few days. What is the code trying
to tell me?
Thanks.
Mike S.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

It could mean your battery is going. On the Contour/Mystique, one of the codes it would flash seemed to indicate a problem, but the real issue was a battery that was getting weak and confusing the system. It may only be 2-3 years old, but batteries often go very fast these days.

I religiously prophelactically replace my OEM battery at 2 years.
replying to Mike Sommers, Roger perez wrote: Hello Mike my name is Roger and I have a 2001 fordescape on my dashboard the signal from the airbag started flashing and the it stays flashing and then it goes to solud then back to flashing what can I do to make it stop flashing?
message

Check the connector under the driver's seat. Pull it apart and use a small amount of contact cleaner on it. Connect and disconnect it 3 or 4 times, and the light should now go out and stay out.
(Had the same problem with my '02 and that was the fix :-) )
--
SC Tom

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:17:47 +0000, Roger perez

Well thank GOODNESS you responded to that message from 2003. I hope the poster stuck around 13 years awaiting your reply...