2001 Ford Expedition

Hello, I am a newbie to this kind of thing buit thought I's try it out, Heres my problem my wife and I have recently purchased a used 2001 Expedition we and after taking it to a carwash the reverse sensors
sound off even when there is nothing behind us i have wiped off the eyes if you will but not sure what else to try. Are these sensors not to get wet when it's below freezing?
Thanx for any advise I can get
Mike wrote:

Interesting question. I have a 2003 Expedition with the reverse sensors and have been through the car wash many times and never had a problem. However, I have not been through a car wash in freezing temperatures. I assume your theory is that ice formed over the sensors and the ice is now causing a false indication.
Why not jon the Expedition Owner's Group mailing list and answer your question to that group. See:
You might also ask your question to the flat Rate Tech Ford Owners Support Forum (see http://flatratetech.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum ;f ). Actual Ford repair technicians hang out there and may be able to shed some light on the concern.
Ed