2001 Ford F250 Super duty truck (diesel)

I have a 2001 Ford F250 super duty truck (diesel). I did not have the extended warranty (36,000)and at 47,000 the transmission went out. I had to pay $3300 for a new trans.
2000 miles later the second trans went out! Ford paid for this one. My question ..has anyone else had this problem? Is this an isolated case or is this a serious problem that Ford should be looking into. A TRANSMISSION SHOULD LAST LONGER THEN 47,000!!!
A lot depends on usage and some on how the tolerances on the parts stacked up. We have hundreds of the 4R100s behind 7.3s in our area. Those that get abused cash out around 120,000 to 150,000 kilometers. Others have 30,000 on them and some even more.
Failing to change the filter and fluid at the recommended interval can hurt them. Towing in overdrive and allowing the air to fluid cooler to pack with leaves and dirt doesn't help either. I've seen powerchips that do more harm than good, too.
I can't see why your second trans went so quickly unless the trans cooling system wasn't serviced quite as well as it could have been.
HTH