2001 Ford Focus

I have this car that has been nothing but a problem. I bought it used from dealer who assured me the squeaking sound from the brakes would in no way interfere with the performance of the car. Later I found printed on the edge of the driver's door a label stating this car will always be classified as a "lemon". The car pulls to the right, pulls to the left, trunk comes open at will, has speed surges (later recalled), and was told by dealer car noise was caused by tires that were worn at 15000 miles and would need high performance tires to replace at $110 each. Now my problem is the emission light on the dash is staying on even after having the valve blown out twice with air hose and finally replacing the valve. Also, dealer told me the car doesn't need tune up until 100,000; does this seem logical? I am a senior citizen on a very limited pension. I really need a car I can depend on to get back and forth to medical appointments. Is this emission light remaining on an indication of a serious problem. I did not take this car back to the dealer as I have lost all trust in him. I feel I have been taken advantage of, but, hey...who said life was fair? I did take the car to a service garage for repair. When the car was returned to me the dash light would be off. After driving for a short distance...a mile or so the light would again come on. I would appreciate any advise you could give me.

Thanks, Betty

Reply to
blwunity

I would contact a local Trade association that protects customers, Like a Trading Standards agency run by local government. They might be able to press the dealer in question, or your could return the car and say that after many faults the car no longer meets the contracted agreement made between you and the dealer, a road worthy and safe car, which sounds like it is not. get your money back or threaten to expose them as a company that doesnt look after customers!

barspeed

Reply to
Barspeed1975