2001 ford galaxy 1.9tdi slow throttle response

Just bought a 2001,1.9tdi galaxy ( 42,000 miles on clock) and find the throttle to be slow to respond.. If I approach a junction and slow down in second gear the car creeps before a surge is felt as the revs touch 1500. I might be unfair in comparing to my old Peugeot 806 with 309,000 miles on the clock but the Peugeot pulls from 1000 revs in third gear without any hestitation. I feel engine timing may be at fault, but the ford dealer is having none of it .

The ford dealer tells me if there was a problem with the engine management electrics a light would be visible in the dash panel.. I wish I could drive a similar aged galaxy to compare, but can't find one.. Anyone got any ideas or has anyone had a similar problem ?

Cheers. KF

Reply to
Keith Forsythe