2001 Ford Taurus

Our 2001 Ford Taurus has electronic locks on the doors. It seems these days when you try and unlock all the doors with the car remote or with the unlock all
doors in the front, The back passenger door doesn't work. The front is sproradic. So now we have to do it manually. I can here it as if it wants to work but the lever doesnt seem to be catching to push it up or down.
snipped-for-privacy@darlingtonschool-dot-org.no-spam.invalid (mano2k1) wrote in

Afraid a visual inspection is going to be needed.
Look for sticky solenoid measure voltage to solenoid with switch engaged
it's most likely the lockmotors(soleniods)themselves on a ford.the rubber boots rot and corrosion does the rest.
HI sorry to but in but I have the exact same problem with my 1999 Ford Taurus door locks. Where is the solonoid and is it hard or should I say really detailed to fix by a shade tree mechanic as myself?
"mgh44" wrote:
I have the exact same problem with my 1999 Ford Taurus door locks. Where is the solonoid and is it hard or should I say really detailed to fix by a shade tree mechanic as myself? ______________________________________
What exact same problem do you mean?
Please include an edited copy of the original poster's inquiry above your response so other newsgroup readers can understand the problem and you can benefit from their knowledge. This is basic newsgroup courtesy.
Thank you.
Rodan.