2001 Lincoln Continental Wiper Failure Diagnosis

I have a '01 Lincoln Continental and am having an intermitant problem with the windshield wipers. About half the time they work perfectly, and the rest of the time they don't do a thing, just stay parked. Is there a way that I can test the windshield wiper control module? I am guessing that it may not be the motor since they work great the 50% of the time that they do work. I jockeyed the multifunction switch around when they don't work and get no response. Any suggestions on which component it may be would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Mark