2001 Marquis jack storage location question

I have the small spare. In my manual it states the jack stores under the carpet (mounts on fender) OR under the spare itself. There are no mounts on the fender. Can anyone tell me how this jack is supposed to
fit under the spare (orientation)? It the jack seems to long to hook on there.
Thanks!
The proper storage and its location is illustrated in the owners manual and on the spare tire cover.
mike hunt
HB wrote:

Mike - I have seen the diagrams, but the jack is too long lengthwise to fit inside the "Doughnut" spare rim...
Any ideas?
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:07:04 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Thanks Thomas. I had tried before, laying the jack sideways under the spare as in the diagram. It was larger than the spare. Maybe I need to give the jack a few "turns" to bring the sides in just a tad, then the tire should sit flush over the jack. Sound correct?
Thanks again..

You have the wrong jack.
mike hunt